Tenants Insurance

When renting a property from Winnard & Brown, not only is it sensible to have in place adequate Tenant Contents Insurance in the event of such perils as Fire, Theft, Flooding, Storm Damage and much more, it is also stipulated in your tenancy agreement terms for the tenant to arrange adequate Liability Insurance for the period of the tenancy for an amount that the landlord or his agent deem to be sufficient but to a minimum level of £2500.00 to protect the landlords fixtures and fittings against accidental damage caused by the tenant(s) and their visitors.

It is vital that your policy covers you for accidental damage to any contents that are owned by your Landlord. For example, if you spill wine on your carpet you want to have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your insurance will cover cleaning or replacement rather than the costs being taken from your deposit.

Under the terms of the Tenant Agreement, the Landlord is only responsible for insuring the building.   The in-going inventory will be used as a mechanism in which to compare and assess any damage at the end of tenancy.  The tenant agrees and accepts that the insurance held by the Landlord does not cover the tenant’s belongings, and tenants are therefore  responsible for taking out contents insurance to protect their own contents and valuables if they so require this insurance cover.

Winnard & Brown are able to help you source competitive specialist tenants insurance.

For full details and to arrange a no obligation quotation, please call Let Alliance on 01244 421 167 or click below:
IE8 Alert! Cookie Alert!

To get the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a modern web browser. More info